Music: TWINS' "Evolution"

Share your opinions and thoughts on new and old releases here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Music: TWINS' "Evolution"

Post by Mavis »

What has this world (music world) come to? It used to be that the best albums coming out of EEG was either Nic or Joey, but now you can obviously tell that all the efforts are placed on Twins (of all people).

This "evolution" actually started from their last album. Gone are teenager songs like "Love is bigger than the sky" and in comes more mature songs, like "Thousands of Gold". This album is an extension of the last one. First song "Gone with the wind" (taken from the classic movie's title) definitely gave me a surprise. It's so mature that you think you were listening to another group. Twins' performance of the song is actually not bad. The same can be said for Track 3 "Worrisome holiday", Track 5 "Love between friends".

Composer Ng Lok Shing tried to give Twins a retrofeel in Track 2 "You said you love me" and Track 4 "You know what I mean", but personally I thought it was awful. Track 6 "Summer screams" is a up tempo song, closer to what everyone's been used to from Twins.

One thing is getting obvious, Charlene's singing is better than Gillian's. A good example of that can be found in Track 8 "Hong Kong, New York".

Now that EEG has done something to Twins' music, maybe it's time to work on their image. That front cover is awful.

Rating: 7.5/10

Buy the CD here

Recommendations:
Track 1 "Gone with the wind"
Track 3 "Worrisome holiday"
Track 5 "Love between friends"