Life is too short...

Discuss life by sharing your thoughts, love stories, poems, and whatever else with others here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Life is too short...

Post by mb_rockstar »

Just sharing my feeling for today.

Life is too short to feel sad. When my aunt passed away two years ago from cancer, my tears were endless. However, I used this tragic event to motivate me. I strived to be the best I can be and stay happy as long as I can. I was motivated to take up playing the guitar and sing. I was motivated to work harder and make everyone around me happy. I appreciated all I have and learned not to take little things for granted.

Today, i was layed off from my job. I did not cry but everyone around me did. I had mixed feelings, but I felt more alive and stress-free. I hung around work for a few hours just talking to everyone and before I left I turned out to see everyone smiling again. That's how I want to remember them.

It's a new beginning for me and I'm hoping everything will work out for the best. :)
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Sorry to hear about your loss of your long-time job as a branch manager. You and I are now in the unemployment pool :)

Sorry to also hear about your auntie, but I'm also very glad to know that her passing has inspired you to do well in life. What about her inspired you to do so?
I hung around work for a few hours just talking to everyone and before I left I turned out to see everyone smiling again.
Ha! They are about to celebrate! :-D

Michael
Founder, Webmaster
http://www.hkss.com
Free Entertainment since 1996.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

thanks...
Sorry to hear about your loss of your long-time job as a branch manager. You and I are now in the unemployment pool :)
my auntie was the most caring and loving person. her life history was very short. she took care of my grandmother and my uncle (who was a druggy). she never had a family of her own. she had one boyfriend that didn't stay with her long. she worked for estee lauder in the mall for so long, until she started getting sick. i know she wanted more out of life, but was unable to doing anything about it. it was tough living in thailand and caring for two people.

i visited her at the hospital and stayed by her side for 2 weeks. my last day there was very sad. when i arrived home, i recieved word that she had past.

she couldn't live the life she wanted, but i can. life is short, but i'm going to try to live life to it's fullest. i have a wish list, and i'm determined to finish this list before my time is up.
Sorry to also hear about your auntie, but I'm also very glad to know that her passing has inspired you to do well in life. What about her inspired you to do so?
haha probably...
I hung around work for a few hours just talking to everyone and before I left I turned out to see everyone smiling again.
Ha! They are about to celebrate! :-D

Michael
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

she took care of my grandmother and my uncle (who was a druggy). she never had a family of her own. she had one boyfriend that didn't stay with her long. she worked for estee lauder in the mall for so long, until she started getting sick. i know she wanted more out of life, but was unable to doing anything about it.
Sounds like she was a very caring, hard-working person who tried to make the most ouf of her situation. That's admirable.
it was tough living in thailand and caring for two people.
Remember when I said that you remind me of that one friend who used to also be my co-worker? Let's see... Long Beach, Downey Savings about 2 years ago, ... and now Thailand. She was partially Thai too (or 100% Thai... don't remember.) This is scary :shock:
life is short, but i'm going to try to live life to it's fullest. i have a wish list, and i'm determined to finish this list before my time is up.
Ambitions are always very good to have. I hope you'll be able to finish your list -- and then some more.

For me, I take it one day at a time. My life's busy enough as it is... That may be a good or a bad thing. *shrug* Who knows?

Michael
Founder, Webmaster
http://www.hkss.com
Free Entertainment since 1996.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Re: Life is too short...

Post by mb_rockstar »

It's been awhile since i've been in the working scene. i almost forgot how it felt like to wake up in the wee early mornings to get ready or come home really late from a long day of work.

well, i finally got job at the end of march. yay! i thought i'd be happy finally finding a job, but those mixed feeling came into play again.

it's hard to go from a very high position to a low end job. after settling into this place, i'll be searching for a second job. this would be the only way i can make ends meet...

i won't mention where i work, because i'm pretty sure everyone knows about this place and has been there at least more than two times. all i can say is that it's a fun and entertaining place to work at. they are known for their great customer service, great food and great drinks!

;)
mb_rockstar - posted 10.13.03 wrote:Just sharing my feeling for today.

Today, i was layed off from my job. I did not cry but everyone around me did. I had mixed feelings, but I felt more alive and stress-free. I hung around work for a few hours just talking to everyone and before I left I turned out to see everyone smiling again. That's how I want to remember them.

It's a new beginning for me and I'm hoping everything will work out for the best. :)
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

So, next time I go visit Hooters, drinks are free for old buddies? :)

I am curious as to where you're working at now... :) Visiontouch? Ewww...

I know what you mean about going from a high-paying to a low-paying. But you know, if the company treats its employees right, I'll even accept $45K.

Mike
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

LOL* silly :P i wish i worked at hooters...sigh*

uh...visiontouch...not in a trillion YEARS! hahaha

i would love to accept 45k right now...sigh* let's just say this job reminds me of when i use to work on the queen mary, except this place has more entertainment for...adults. (HUGE HINT)
((when ppl hear adult entertainment, you think...oooh BAD! no no...that's far from that sort of entertainment. :P ))
Mikey_ wrote:So, next time I go visit Hooters, drinks are free for old buddies? :)

I am curious as to where you're working at now... :) Visiontouch? Ewww...

I know what you mean about going from a high-paying to a low-paying. But you know, if the company treats its employees right, I'll even accept $45K.

Mike
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Coolio. You got your bar tender position :)
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

hm...i was reading over this section and i've come to realize that i've grown so much since last year and i've been thru a lot. also, i realize that i'm a horrible liar.....i cannot tell a lie. lol*

to update here:

i'm still working at d&b (once a week).

i did get a second job, however, management has changed and i'm not too happy about it. it's hard for me to work at a place that makes me unhappy. i need to be able to approach co-workers and managers with ease. especially managers....

if i really want to keep this job i need to put my foot down and not let this new manager push me around or intimidate me.

we'll see...
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

How are you a horrible liar?

I've grown a LOT too since last year -- probably more than I ever did. Somewhat reluctantly and somewhat voluntarily as well, especially catching up with goals that I used to have that were long forgotten due to my focusing on a solid IT career.

Michael
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

remember when i tricked you for awhile....

you didn't know it was me for like a week! lol* you read this section from the beginning, didn't you? if not, read it. hehe* you'll see what i mean.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

I did read it from the beginning, but I see nothing unusual. Just the dorky you.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

this part silly. and yes i agree i am dorky! so :P

Remember when I said that you remind me of that one friend who used to also be my co-worker? Let's see... Long Beach, Downey Savings about 2 years ago, ... and now Thailand. She was partially Thai too (or 100% Thai... don't remember.) This is scary :shock:

Michael
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Mb, I knew 90% that that was you by that time :) I only made a "safe" comment to see what you'd say :)