Music: GIGI LEUNG "I think, I sing"

Share your opinions and thoughts on new and old releases here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Music: GIGI LEUNG "I think, I sing"

Post by Mavis »

This CD was broken into 2: one CD that comprises of 5 compositions of Gigi Leung, and the other 5 being songs written by others. Gigi had wanted to write a full album but aside from time restrictions, I'm pretty sure her record company had a little say in it.

Gigi's compositions were much better than the "other" songs. Track 1 "Classmates" is the best song in this album. Gigi handled the song well, which should not be a surprise since she wrote it. Track 2 "All over the place" was the first plug song of this album. I've always had a liking for these rock-pop songs.

Props should be given to Gigi for writing track 4 "Born in April", a tribute to the babies and remembrance for the SARS infected mothers who borne their child.

As for the other CD....if track 1 "Fortunes of a couple" wasn't in there, the CD would be complete trash. Track 2 "Beauty-loving angel" and track 4 "Psychology report" might've been fine for Gig's early years but now it simply doesn't belong here. Track 3 "Intersection of rainbow" and Track 5 "Love, end of fate" is average at best.

Rating: 7/10 (thanks to the second CD)

Buy the CD here

Recommendations:
All of "I think" CD
Track 1 "Fortunes of a couple" (in the "I sing" CD)