Music: ANDY HUI "Back up"

Share your opinions and thoughts on new and old releases here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Music: ANDY HUI "Back up"

Post by Mavis »

Does this happen in showbiz everywhere? A singer hits the top, then drops off. Media starts to discount him/her, and the singer tries too hard at making it back to the top.

Andy Hui has been going through that for the past few years. After trying with more ballads and reviving his old hits through compilations, "Back up" is his first all-new album in over a year. The first plug song track 2 "Conversation with God" is quite different from his past songs, definitely refreshing. Track 8 "Learn to walk" is an uptempo song that's also a nice change from the typical ballads that you would've expected from Andy.

The key song in the album is Andy's duet with Deanie Yip "Imperfection" (track 6). As good as it was, "Imperfection" was even better than their previous duet "How can I not love him?" 5 years ago.

Of course, the ballads are still there. Track 4 "Sleep through insomnia" and track 5 "Torture" are both decent ballads. Track 12 "My child" is a song that has a dad telling his kid facts of life. Nice song but doesn't quite fit Andy's profile.

You can see the effort put into "Back up", let's see if the fans will recognize it by actually buying this.

Rating: 8/10

Buy the CD here

Recommendations:
Track 2 "Conversation with God"
Track 5 "Torture"
Track 6 "Imperfection"
Track 7 "Saturday night"
Contrai
Fan
Fan

Post by Contrai »

i like 2 and 8.
After his last boring stuff i was quite surprised.