careless

Discuss life by sharing your thoughts, love stories, poems, and whatever else with others here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

careless

Post by mb_rockstar »

it's funny how we sometimes feel invincible to things in life. we never really think anything bad is going to happen to us. we walk around late at night alone, not a care in the world about the dangers that lurk around the corner.

last night, after coming home from work at 2:30am, i noticed i was being followed. i didn't think anything of it until i saw him drive fast forward towards my car. it was if he was trying to push me. if i didn't step on it, he probably would of hit me. i turned onto my street and he again proceed to push me. i decided to make a U-turn at the end of the street and that bastard boxed me in. at this time, i was frantic. i needed to get out of that situation, so i backed up as far as i could and turned my steering wheel hard and gunned it. i hit the trash can but i didn't care. he continued to follow me. i picked up my phone and re-dialed the last number i called. i needed to get out onto a busy street. the streets i was on was very dark. so you can only imagine what i was going thru. i swear my life flashed before me eyes. i thought of every horrible situation that could happen to me at that time and i needed to think fast. as soon as i turned on a busy street, those guys must have noticed i was on the phone and decided to pull up beside me, yell something at me and took off. i was so scared i parked in the center divider. i was scared that they might turn around and follow me again. i slowly started driving home.....it took me awhile. when i got home i was so angry! and then i teared up and forced myself to go to bed.

i'm paranoid now about being out late at night, but i think i'll be fine soon....

i'm going to bed now. i need some more time to heal.
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Hi Mel,

Glad things turned out okay for you although it'll take some time to heal. There ARE crazy people out there. Give me a call if you want to talk.

Michael
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

yes me too....thanks. i'm sorry about today....

i'll call you when i can.
Mikey_ wrote:Hi Mel,

Glad things turned out okay for you although it'll take some time to heal. There ARE crazy people out there. Give me a call if you want to talk.

Michael
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

How scary! You poor girl!

I'm rarely out at 2:30 A.M. I konk out about midnight most evenings but that does sound unusual.

I hope that you are doing o.k.

It's proabaly just a bunch of little brats...

Take care,

Lexi
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

unfortunately, it wasn't a bunch of little rats, more like a bunch of big rats. these guys were full grown adults, which made the situation more scary.

i'm doing better...

thank you.
Last edited by mb_rockstar on Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

How are you doing?
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

i'm doing better, but i just don't like the idea of being outside at night all by myself. at the moment i feel like this. i'll be fine....

hope we could still hang out this thursday. ^_^

i'll call you before then.

going to bed now. :P
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Sounds good. Lexi, you're welcome to join us if you'd like.

Michael
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Thanks, Mike.

I won't be back in town until Thursday though and I am sooOOoo tired.

I have a ton of work to catch up on and my roof is leaking!!!

Perhaps some other time. I really am looking forward to meeting you and MB soon.

Gotta run but I hope you all have a GREAT week!

Lexi
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Ewww... roof leaking? Must be uncomfortable. Well, have a good weekend. Perhaps next time :D
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Well... it's actually not leaking anymore. It's stopped raining. Thankfully, it's just the garage that has a leak. If it is not raining tomorrow, the roofers will come repair it. What a headache... I could never live some place where it rained all the time like Seattle. I need sunshine.

I was in Los Angeles a few days ago for a training. The rainy weather made me stay indoors rather than go exploring. I discovered that the hotel where I am staying has a bakery that sells chewy, chocolate chip cookies with coconut bits. Yummmm! I think I have eaten 10 of them since I got here and I am certain that I have gained several pounds. :(
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

i was conflicted on where i should post this. so i decided to post in here because i think it kind of ties in with the subject. haha*

anyhow, mike, i had fun last thursday. thanks again for everything. as i was leaving to go home, i caught myself going on the wrong freeway. i ended up in diamond bar...well, pass that. it got scary because all i could see is mountains and the exits are all far apart. i finally was able to turn around.

as i was driving on the 91w, i noticed there were a lot of sleepy drivers that night. weaving in and out, nearly missing me. so, i decided to to step on it. maybe not such a good idea. as i was passing cerritos town center, i noticed at the corner of my eye, a black car driving about the same pace as i was. he was two lanes to the left of me, when all of a sudden a huge truck rammed right in back of the black car, sending the back end flying up. sparks flared and the car landed near mine. i was able to swerve on time, bearly missing the parked car in the energency lane.

sigh*....

my whole left side of my body got numb......

then i busted a mission to get back home because with my luck i didn't want to take a chance in being followed again. as i turned on my street, i put my hoody up and slouched back in my seat. i drove slowly down the street, looking around for anyone out and about. then i turned off my headlights and proceeded to drive slowly home. i parked outside and looked around for awhile, making sure no one was in there car. i was ready to put up a fight if i had to. anyhow, i ran in and was able to breathe again.

yea, that's my adventerous story.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

I'm glad that nothing bad happened to you... I hate it too when sleepy drivers are on the freeway though I was guilty of that myself when I first started driving back in the college years. I hope everybody was fine at that accident you described.

I know how numbing and scary it feels after having just cheated injury or even death. Was in a big accident myself looong ago when an 18-wheeler rear-ended my Geo Metro (yup, have many fond memories of that car...) My back's still hurting from it on rare occassions.

Hey, consider purchasing a tear gas spray... Does wonders! Trust me... My brother and I sprayed ourselves in the eye by accident on separate occassions before hehehe... ](*,)
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

sigh*....remember i had a geo storm? yea...i have no fond memories with that car. it sucked! and i couldn't wait to get rid of it.

hm..."accidently" sprayed yourselves huh? lol* silly guys. how did you guys do that? anyhow, i use to carry a pepper spray with me....i'll consider purchasing it again.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

My brother once took the spray and wanted to test it... Sprayed himself. Duh.

Me... I sprayed it out the window but the wind blew it back into my face. ACK! Shall we say... STUUUUPID?? Cap_PDT_01_26

I think I cried like a baby... Now I know what to do if I want to appear super-sensitive :D

Michael