Most Extreme Animals on the Planet

Share something fun with everyone here :)

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.
Life is good. Be inspired.

Most Extreme Animals on the Planet

Post by Mikey_ »

Please excuse my spellings as I'm typing this up from scratch.

Did you know that the most extreme mom is the Sea Leash (spelling?) When she is pregnant, her babies eat her up alive from the inside out.

Most extreme dad is the Sea Horse -- the male Sea horse is the one who gives birth, not the female. He also is the one who dances for the female to turn her on so that she would lay her eggs in his stomach.

The most extreme cheat is the Cuckoo -- it places its own egg in someone else's nest for the other bird to raise. The baby cuckoo later throws out all the other eggs so that it is the ONLY bird the foster mom would raise. It has also been found that if a bird refuses to raise a cuckoo egg, the Cuckoo mom would come by like the mafia and destroy the nest, throw out the eggs, etc.

The most extreme survivor... Guess who it is? The cockroach. Nope. It's the Waterbear. It can live in the jungle, the desert, the arctic, the volcano, even in space. When conditions are less than favorable, it "dies" by losing 90% of its water. When conditions return to normal, it becomes alive again as if nothing happened. This little critter can even survive nuclear attacks and live in temperatures as low as -328 Fahrenheit and 303 Fahrenheit. Craa-aazy!

Most extreme lover: the red-back spider. The much smaller male carefully courts the female and then presents its bottom as food to distract her. While she eats the bottom and injects it with poison, he tears himself off from the bottom and mates with her before dying off afterwards.

Source: Animal Planet
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

that's so interesting. ^_^

funny...i just read about the water bear recently. crazy little guy ain't it. kinda makes you think there might be life on another world. ;)
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."