Life thoughts

Discuss life by sharing your thoughts, love stories, poems, and whatever else with others here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

i knew you'd be fine. good job ^_^
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

known observation

Post by mb_rockstar »

I caught myself red-handed the other day, rushing through life. I've noticed that when I'm at work, I'm always rushing to get projects done and always rushing to get out from work to go home. When I am at home, I'm always looking for something to do, like clean. Yesterday, I cleaned my room for 3 hours. I sorted through a lot of old junk and threw a majority of it out. That made me feel good for a moment, but I was still searching for something to do. What for? Why not just enjoy the free time and relax? I know those who are constantly busy working at work and working even when they get back home. I'm pretty sure these people really appreciate their free time and take advantage of it.

So, what I've learned is that, I don't always have to be on the go, if I don't need to be. But it doesn't mean I'm going to veg out and do absolutely nothing. I can actually go to the park and read a book again or stay home and cook a nice meal for my parents.

Life is too short, so it's not necessary to rush through it. Life goes on at work, at home, with friends, so why not take advantage of each moment. Actually, we spend most of our lives at work, so why not enjoy it! ^_^

Oh! YAY! I just got call from an old gf, right now. I'm going to meet her at the Brea Mall for a bit. Haven't seen her in years!

Sayonara!

Mel
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

You would never think anything bad would happened to you until it actually happens, and then reality sets in. I had one of those moments on last Thursday night.

October 20th was my last day working at Newport Coast office (U.S. Bank). We were being audited that day, so things were stressful for everyone. I drove to Fashion Island for lunch because everyone wanted Fat Burger. After eating lunch, the auditor interviewed everyone in the branch to make sure they were in compliance with policy and regulations. I was the last one to be audited. :P It went really well though. I answered every question with confidence and passed them all.

Once we were done, the auditor, branch manager and co-manager were all talking in the corner near the back door. A customer came by and Jury (branch manager) told me to go help him. I walked over with a smile on my face, unlocked my computer and noticed a bright orange note in front of me. hmmm...I didn't read the note completely, but....I knew I was being robbed. Especially, when he showed me his gun.

It's true, when something like that happens to you, everything goes into slow motion. I'm not going to go into detailed on what happened, but surprisingly, I was calm and smiling the whole time. Once he left, I slowly turned around and said, "Um...I just got robbed." The auditor didn't believe me at first and Jury and Linda (co-manager) were still busy talking. I guess they expected me to freak out or something or be histerical, but I wasn't. I triggered the alarm and walked away from my station. It was that time when my whole lower body was shaking uncontrollably, so I had to sit down. Filling out the robbery packet was hard. I was still in shock and wrote down whatever I remembered.

I talked to the police dispatcher until the officers arrived. I talked to the FBI. I pretty much talked to a bunch of people individually about the same thing. What had happened and the description of the guy. One police officer actually drove me down the street to eye witness someone they caught. "It's not him," I said.

This was the second time I rode in a police car. The first time was years ago, when my car stopped on the freeway and the officer drove me back home. hehe*

Anyhow, I had been shaking on and off all this time. I was told that robberies were like car accidents. It catches you off guard and hits you hard out of nowhere. Everyone told me to be around a lot of people and don't do anything different out of my routine. Kinda made me think for a second, but honestly...I felt ok. When I got home, I was a tab bit nervous, but still ok. When I woke up the next morning, I replayed the incident in my head several times, thinking of different scenarios. Which I shouldn't be doing, because it's just going to make me even more nervous.

Yesterday, an FBI tracked me down at my new branch in Orange. He showed me 6 photos of possible suspects. I immediately picked out photo number 5. That was the guy! They wouldn't give me any further information, but told me that if they do prosecute that guy, they will let me know. It's good to know that this guy is on file. At least they know who they are looking for now. Apparently, this guy is the 'Big Nose Bandit.' I wasn't sure at first because he seemed to have gained some weight. We were dealing with a professional here that has already hit over 17 branches in California.

Anyway, that's my story. It was quite an interesting experience. I'll definitely be much more aware of my surroundings from now on, especially at work.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Should I be alarmed?

Post by mb_rockstar »

Ever since I got robbed, I've been having these weird little feelings in my stomach when I'm at work. I think it's called fear. Everytime someone looks suspicious, whether it be a female or male, I get a little scared and scary thoughts are running through my mind. Like today, some young guy ( LOL* som yun guy...ok, lame) came in with blood shot eyes asking to exchange some big bills. Usually, I would cross-sell the guy, but fear set in and I just wanted him to leave. Weird, huh? I don't know if I should be concerned about these feelings. Maybe it's nothing. Maybe it will go away. Or maybe it won't. Maybe it will get worse and then I'll definitely have to go see counseling. Which by the way I haven't gone to like I said I was going to. Why? Gina (H.R.) never scheduled me. At the time, I was completely fine and when Gina saw me....well, I was fine.

hmm....we'll see I guess. If it starts affecting my work, then I'll go something about it.

Something I forgot to mention....and by the way, I started having these feeling for a few days already, so it was before I knew this. A customer came in today and was raving about how much Wells Fargo (the bank we replaced) got robbed. Apparently, they got robbed every 3 months. Plus! Bank of America (traditional branch) is right beside us, (outside of Vons) they get robbed like every friggin' month!! My co-manager was aware of how high the crime rate was around there. This is the first time I've heard of it!!! What the heck??!! It looks like such a nice area, but what am I talking about? Newport Coast is a much nicer area and I got robbed there. :P sigh* Crime is unpredictable. It can happen to anyone, anywhere. You just gotta be more cautious and live your life as normally as you can.
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Fear allows you to be more cautious too -- which can be both good and bad. It's how you handle the situations that will determine how life moves forward.

You ought to see a counselor before things get worse and sink in deeper into your sub-conscious.

Time to learn martial arts -- or that robotic dance you always do to pass off as one :)
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

Yes, Confucius. I agree with what you're saying. Today I will be going to my first counseling session. Hopefully I won't need another one, but it all depends on the recommendation of the counselor.

We'll see how it goes.

[EDIT: 8:09pm]

I was a bit skeptical about meeting up with the U.S. Bank counselor. What is she going to do for me, really? All she's going to do is ask me what happen, ask me how I'm feeling, and tell me that everything is going to be ok and give me a few tips on how to relax more. Well, that's the general overview of what happen this morning. Although, I actually think her words had some sort of impact on me. A little impact, but at least better than none. She's made me think more in depth about what happened and try to get me to open up, because that's really how you're going to get over something is to open up completely and just let it all out and stop pretending that everything is ok. See, that's my problem. When something is not ok, I usually go in denial trying to convince myself that everything is ok. When I told the counselor that, it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I recognize the problem and now I can work on it. Besides, being in denial is a sign of weakness. It's like you are running away from the problem instead of facing it. This is so true. Why didn't I think of it like that?

So, the session was good. The only thing she recommends is that I take the time to breathe and relax. Yoga actually sounds interesting right about now and I still really want to take a dance class, but we'll see. All in good time. ^_^
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Wise words from the counselor that also applies to life in general.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

Yep...

That hypnotherapist recording sounds good too. I think we should try it at least once a week. Who knows, it might actually help a bit. Even in deep sleep, we can still hear messages that our subconcious mind will pick up.

oops, late...gotta go to work. :P