about time for you guys

Have something to share? Talk about anything here :)

Moderator: Forum Mods

Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

about time for you guys

Post by Eddy »

to see my blog

here it is

http://nameidea.blogspot.com

!!!!!!!!!!!!

now you've all been invited to see every aspect of my life. CONGRATS !!!!! :P :-D :D :) :-) :eek: :o
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Do we really want to? j/k :)

Interesting images on your blog :)
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

I can never really shoot pictures as well as this one: http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger2/755 ... G_8575.jpg

It's either the leaves or the sky coming out nicely, but hardly ever both. What's your trick? :)
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

high aperture is the trick....i think ...

i shoot on program but focus on the sky and then re-compose the shot.

however, i dont' think that's a good shot.... i'm always in a hurry when i am taking photos which is horrible.

I'm still very timid in public with my camera. i can never bring a tripod like u guys.

my once personal blog has turned into a mainly work base blog now ....kinda sad.... but i will try to continue follow my personal work roots,
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Carrying a tripod isn't a problem. Taking pictures of people in public is a problem (for both Mel and me.)

So, you focused on the sky and re-composed? Every time I do that, the leaves come out too dark. What do you mean by, "Program"?
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

taking pictures of people elsewhere is alright with me, just in NYC, it's kinda difficult for me...... people are just so.....different here.

anyways

i checked the properties for that photo and it came to be

F7.1
1/125
+1 step exposure.

i believe i used the P mode, either that or the Shutter Speed mode.

i forgot which one, i'm one of the weird photographers that doesn't use the Av mode much.

I find P mode much more useful, but i always change the exposure steps. depending on the lighting.

I remember this photo

was taken using Av to get the blue sky, i believe the Av was about 11 or so to get the blue sky color.

oh yeah, since you konw photoshop, i konw most people with tripod use the HDR mode (take 3 or 4 photos using different exposure then HDR in photoshop to get the details)

or maybe because the XTi has higher IQ ....... time to downgrade to Xti mike lol.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Hehehe... My brother's actually selling his XT and getting the Rebel XTi
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

Wow Eddy! Thanks for sharing us your blog. I enjoyed going through your photos. ^_^

I haven't taken pictures in awhile because school has gotten in the way a little bit, but I'm sure I'll be taking some before the year ends. :)
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

hi rockstar,

thanks !
what classes are you taking these days?

hey mike,

i am thinking of getting another xti also.

i just love the large lcd for previewing, the picture style is amazing also, and also the dust cleaning thing works on mine perfectly (altho, i've read review saying it's useless)

happy halloween !
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

Hi Eddy ^_^

I'm taking lower level Chinese (Mandarin), Business, and Computers this semester. Next semester I'm probably going to dive into Finance and Legal.

Last night, I had my first oral/powerpoint presentation for my Chinese class. I was so nervous, but when I was done everyone said I did a really good job. I actually feel pretty confident enough to take the next level of Chinese now. :)

Anyhow, keep those pictures coming!
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

Congrats on your first oral chinese presentation,

if you practice before your next oral presentation, you can always contact me, i speak perfect mandarin.

my number is [don't post personal information]

i always hated school, i took three semesters off but i ended up graduating in 4 years with my friends so i'm happy.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

Thanks Eddy!! ^_^

I've added your number to my phone. For some crazy reason, I actually enjoy school, but there are times when I do get lazy.

It's going to take me a little more than 4 years to finish because I'm only going to school part-time and I work full-time. :P As long as I stay consistent, I should be done in no time.
SaMmiLoVer
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by SaMmiLoVer »

Nice pics bud! Wow...You were born in '83??? I AM getting old!!! :eek: I was born in HK in '72 and came to the GTA region (Toronto) in '73. Quiet Mikey...I know you're gonna make a comment!!! Yes, I should get married soon! Yellow_Hot_Colorz_PDT_28

By the way, I love the emoticons on your site! It's better than my small selection on my Star Wars boards!
Ah Goo Goo...This Baby's Been Around Since '72!
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

opps

sorry about the personal information thing guys.

yeah, i think i am one of the younger ones on this board, i remember when i was in high school, i use to come here and just read your thoughts but was so scare to post anything until i went to college and hkss.com came back !!!! and now i feel like i am a part of hkss.com.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

It's ok Eddy. We're just looking out for you. I don't think you'd want strange people calling you at odd hours of the night. ;)
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Sammilover: if you like small emoticons that you see elsewhere, let me know and i may add them to this site as well :)