Eliminating Spammers And Idiots

Have something to share? Talk about anything here :)

Moderator: Forum Mods

SaMmiLoVer
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Eliminating Spammers And Idiots

Post by SaMmiLoVer »

Hey Mikey...Anyway to get rid of spammers and those disgusting idiots that post that nonsense here? I mean, I'm already fed up with spamming emails about drugs and nasty stuff...It's to the point where I'd love to learn how to send back an email loaded with a seriously damaging virus or something. It just ticks me off. Is there a way of making registering with the boards a more lengthy serious process or something? Just my two cents buddy.
Ah Goo Goo...This Baby's Been Around Since '72!
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Hi there,

I agree that spammers is an annoyance, but making the registration process an even lengthier one can turn legitimate visitors away. One way spammers can definitely be held in check is to require administrators (ie. me) to approve new registrations.

If the spamming does continue to increase (which it has the past week), I may implement that new policy. Until then, let's see where it all goes :)

Michael
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Due to the increased amount of spam, administrator approval is now required to register for an account until further notice.
SaMmiLoVer
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by SaMmiLoVer »

I don't know how or why they would choose your site??? It's just ridiculous to see all that crap posted! On our Star Wars 'snowtroopers.ca' boards, we point our "blasters" at the culprits, if any show up!
Ah Goo Goo...This Baby's Been Around Since '72!
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

The unfortunate thing is that there are only 2 moderators (mb and me) on this forum, but that's okay for now :)