Music: Denise Ho's "Dress me up"

Share your opinions and thoughts on new and old releases here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Music: Denise Ho's "Dress me up"

Post by Mavis »

Not exactly a good way to get some recoginition, but most people probably didn't know until the past week that Denise is the only female "student" under Anita Mui, and Denise herself is actually an Anita fan.

Seems like Denise has been around for awhile, but this is actually only her 4th album (not including the compilation earlier this year). Track 4 "Sand" is the first plug song, a simple ballad with only piano background, with lyrics that are quite different from the other typical ballads.

Track 8 "Out comes the spirit" is the next plug song, a wacky tune that shows "the other side" of HoCC. Track 3 "I'm Barbie" is my favourite song in the album. Great lyrics by Wyman and great performance by Denise to bring out the best of the song.

Interesting to see that many lesser known composers were used for this album. Nothing against compositions by Chan Fei Yeung or Ng Lok Shing but I was getting sick of hearing their names all the time. "Dress me up" proved that there are still many talented composers out there in HK.

Ratings: 8.5/10

Buy the CD here

Recommendations:
Track 3 "I'm Barbie"
Track 4 "Sand"
Track 7 "Two become one"
Track 8 "Out comes the spirit"
Track 10 "In and out of death"