Music: JADE KWAN "Forward"

Share your opinions and thoughts on new and old releases here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Music: JADE KWAN "Forward"

Post by Mavis »

A sign of times, Jade has only been around for 2+ years and she has gone from one of the most promising newcomer to one of the most overrated singers. "Jade - 1", "Jade - 2" were successes, "Jade - 3" suffered a little drop-off, and now "Forward" continues the down trend.

My previous comments on her albums were similar...a few good songs with a bunch of junk. Well this time around even the hit songs weren't that great. Track 3 "Let go" doesn't have the "impact" that you would like from a hit song, track 1 "If I'm beautiful" is a little better, but nothing compared to her previous hits. Almost all the songs in "Forward" are ballads, which made track 4 "When the sword tip hits my heart" (a theme song for a TVB series) sounds better than it is.

Track 5 "Not guilty and released" is a cover version of a Korean song which has already been performed by Taiwanese singer Fish Leong a couple of years ago, and it's probably my favourite song in the album. Jade also did a cover version of Sally Yeh's classic "Autumn comes, autumn goes", and did a pretty good job at it.

Jade will have her first concert in February, but unfortunately this album didn't give it the boost that it should have gotten.

Rating: 6.5/10

Buy the CD here

Recommendations:
Track 5 "Not guilty and released"
Track 10 "Autumn comes, autumn goes"