Movies: Troy, Van Helsing, Shrek 2, TDAM

Share your opinions and thoughts on new and old releases here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Movies: Troy, Van Helsing, Shrek 2, TDAM

Post by Eddy »

Troy - VERY GOOD, even better if u don't konw the background at all because it didn't follow the books, an example would be the 9 year war seemed like 9 days in the movie. But the movie was definitely GReaT! watch it! Buy the DVD here

Van Helsing - Enjoyable, that's all. Buy the DVD here

Shrek 2 - All my friends loved it, but i tho it wasn't as good as the first one, I think it wasn't original at all, I didn't enjoy it that much, but judging from the box office, it seemd alot of ppl loved it. I tho the jokes were over used, I saw almost every joke coming. But once again, all my friends absolutely loved it. Buy the DVD here

The Day After Tomorrow - Forget the critics, this movie rocks period. I rather watch the special effect than character development which all critics are complaining about. They had some character development, and i'm glad they didn't go into it, because then they would've taken some of the effects out. This movie is like 2 hours long, but it felt short because of the non stop action. The acting wasn't bad, it wasn't superb either. GO WATCH THE THIS MOVIE !!!!! Buy the DVD here

MAN on fire - typical denzel movie, it's like watching training day over except that denzel plays a good cop but even loves killing more than his character in training day. The girl in the movie stole the show tho. She was great. Buy the DVD here

Man i can't wait for The Village, I,Robot, The terminal, Collateral, etc... so much....
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Thank you for the reviews :)

I felt that Troy wasn't that good... It seemed cliched to me. There were things borrowed from the LOTR movies and from other films as well (can't remember which.) To me, it was all too predictable. However, my girlfriend loved it :)

Day After Tomorrow - I look forward to seeing it someday (and The Village, The Terminal)
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

Yeah i have to agree it was cliche and predictable, like the ending with the trojan horse, i didn't know the story and i knew what was gonna happen. I feel liek this movie will ruined my anticipation for king auther and alexander. I only like LOTA part 3, i really liked troy tho.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Keira Knightley :D

I already know what movie I'm going to have to sit through: Harry Potter 3.
GT
Fan
Fan

Post by GT »

OH MIKEY's a Keira fan too!!! Yeah! Man is she beautiful or what!?

As for the films mentioned...

Van Helsing
-absolutely terrible! okay there are interesting parts here and there (not to mention the short appearance of Josie Maran :) But overall, it was stuffed with way too much action and CGIs, it gave me a headache about half way through. It could've been better if they spend more than 10% of the film explaining and actually 'telling' the story. I am still confused what the relationship of Van Helsing and Dracula was!! I went with 4 other guys, and all of us either felt asleep or got close to falling asleep at one point or another during the movie. (5 out of 10)

Troy
-I can't say I was really disappointed with this film since I wasn't expecting much after reading some early reviews, but I really did wish it was better since I am a Greek mythology fanatic. Everything was 'ok' in Troy. But nothing reallys stands out. The battle scenes? Good. But not in the Gladiator level. The special effects? Good. But not in the LOTR level. The story? Well...screwed! Maybe it's all because I've read "The Iliad" (Homer's Greek Classic that Troy is 'based' on), I just feel very cheated that they changed so many things from the book, I was especially frustrated at the fact that they took the Gods out of the story, because that basically changed the whole reason & purpose of the war, it also affected the theme of the story. (7 out of 10)

Haven't seen "The Day after Tomorrow" and I don't really want to see it. It just seems like disaster movies are all the same. "Shrek 2" and "HP3" I will eventually see...when I can get in for free :D (My sister works at the theatre so I get free passes for most movies) I love "Shrek" so hopefully the sequel is as good. "King Arthur" I am looking forward to...simply because of Keira...haha.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Well, first time I saw Keira was in Pirates of the Caribbean.

In terms of "free movies"... I still have a gift certiifcate for AMC Theaters that expired in 1998 :) Why does that still matter? Gift certificates do not expire, by law, in California :) So, I decided to keep it as a souvenir and one day get a heck of a look from the ticket person when he/ she sees one that expired hm... 20 years ago :) Imagine the look!

Michael
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

hahaha, funny

take ur camera with ya too