Music: EDMOND LEUNG "4 Seasons"

Share your opinions and thoughts on new and old releases here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Music: EDMOND LEUNG "4 Seasons"

Post by Mavis »

After his spectacular comeback in 2003, this is an important album for Edmond. "4 Seasons" may determine whether Edmond is good enough to stick around for a little longer.

Edmond took a safety route this time around, releasing an EP of just 6 songs. Of course I don't mind....when you only have so many good songs around why should you throw in some junk to make it a full album?

First plug song is track 5 "Believe, Hope, Love". Great ballad, perhaps better than "501" or "7 Friends" from his previous album. Track 1 "Tale of a wasteland" is another ballad that tells a sad story. Track 3 "Newslady" is also another similar type of ballad. Great effort by Lam Chik in incorpoating the newsworthy events of 2003 into this love ballad.

Track 6 "Love is always here" is an interesting piece. It's written by James Wong (Wong Jim), who hasn't written any new songs for the longest time. Yet I don't recall this being an old song, although it does have that feeling.

If it was up to me, I think this album was a great follow up from "10"....Edmond has passed his 2nd test.

Rating: 8/10

Buy the CD here

Recommendations:
Track 1 "Tale of a wasteland"
Track 3 "Newslady"
Track 5 "Believe, Hope, Love"
Track 6 "Love is always here"