Music: Leslie Cheung's "All Goes With The Wind"

Share your opinions and thoughts on new and old releases here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mavis

Music: Leslie Cheung's "All Goes With The Wind"

Post by Mavis »

First the gossip. The 7 new songs in this album were supposedly the new songs that would be featured in an upcoming album. However there are rumours that these 7 songs are not new songs, but rather songs that were recorded but not released in previous albums. There are also rumours that Leslie had also recorded another song that Universal plans to release later this year.
It's almost impossible to give an objective opinion on this album. If Leslie was still alive people would definitely not have given a second look at those lyrics from Track 2 "Glass of love" or Track 4 "Red Butterfly". Incidentally, the original lyrics of track 7 "I know you're good" was also rather depressing. But when Leslie (who wrote the song) saw the lyrics he told Cha Siu Kei (the lyricist) to change it a bit to sound more positive. Having said that, these 3 songs are easily the best among the "new" songs in the album.

Universal should also be given some props for the nice design. The box is a little big for my liking, but overall the design was very well done, elegant but simple.

Memories meant everything in this album. If you have been a long time Canto-pop fan you should get this album. Just to make things a little more interesting, Mr. Tong had applied to the court an injection over the publishing rights of this album. The chances are slim but there is the possibility that this album may be pulled off the market later if Mr. Tong wins in the court and decides not to allow Universal to release anymore copies of this album.

Rating: 8/10
Recommendations:
Track 2 "Glass of love"
Track 4 "Red butterfly"
Track 7 "I know you're good"
Track 9 "Me"