Music: Nic Tse's "Reborn"

Share your opinions and thoughts on new and old releases here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mavis

Music: Nic Tse's "Reborn"

Post by Mavis »

I've been listening to this off and on for the past 2 weeks and still, the only comment that I can give is "boring".
As much as Nic or EEG tries to ignore, Nic's run-in with the law have killed basically any momentum that Nic had going. You see Nic in the headlines everyday lately trying to drum up sales for the album (including the alleged rumour relationship with Anita Mui, which is completely false), but the fact is it hasn't sell well since its release. Of course, this also has to do with the music in the album.

First plug song track 1 "Reborn" and track 2 "Continue to mature" are fast songs, but lacks the fire that was in his prevoius fast songs. Even Nic's voice was soften up in both songs. Also, is there anyone else besides me who's sick of these kind of theme in Nic's songs? Seems like he does songs like these every year.

While his fast songs lack the fire, his ballads lacks the emotion. Track 3 "Loving and walking along" is the first ballad to be plugged, and all I can say that it's boring. The rest of the album is the same, either not "rock" enough or not emotional enough. It also seems like Nic's voice is also a little rusty.

It looks like it'll be another long road ahead for Nic.

Rating: 6.5/10 (just because I've come to expect something good music-wise from Nic)
Recommendations:
Track 6 "Whistleblower"

Post by Guest »

I like most of the songs in the album. The 1st track is nice, with a fast pace. The emotional track 3 and 11 are great. I like also track 10, which is also emotional and strong. Track 4 is also nice with lighter tone in the front and heavier at the back. Nic composes the track1 and it's great with the fast and easy flowing beat. Track 3/11 is also partly composed by him, which see a nice ballad with soothing tone.