any ladies up in here?

Photography, Origami, knitting, gambling, sea shells, vacations... you name it! Share your hobbies with like-minded enthusiasts here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Eddy wrote:Actually, i've heard Hostel as prosititue place before......in like a novel???
I got my misconception from old, Chinese movies :P Oh wait... I think they were still referred to as "brothels" *shrug*

Desire: not wearing make-up is better for your skin, I think. But then again, what do I know about make-up :)
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Re: Makeups...?

Post by mb_rockstar »

Hi DesIre_s,

I use to be into make-up a couple of years ago and ever since I left my cosmetic counter at Macy's, I haven't been wearing much make-up. Once in awhile, I like to doll myself up just for the fun of it or when I go out to see business clients.
DesIre_s wrote:The kind of makeups I use is Avons, Maybelline, and L'orel
This usually takes me 15-20 minutes to get done
I don't like to wear makeup that much but I do sometimes. just for the fun of it.
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
DesIre_s
Curious Member
Curious Member

Make ups

Post by DesIre_s »

I always tend to do that too. Always putting make up on when I have to go to work but I put it on every day because I'm always preparing myself for the unexpected.
PHV
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

That's true...you should always be prepared for the unexpected. If I wake in the morning and see that I look like crap, I try to put a little something on to make myself look awake and fresh. Other than that, I prefer the natural look. lol*
DesIre_s
Curious Member
Curious Member

That's True

Post by DesIre_s »

I've always do that. Somehow the looks does matter since it's every day thing but I usually like it to be just a natural. But if I want to cover my pimples or my ugly bumps I usually use make ups.
PHV
Nniicky
Fan
Fan

Post by Nniicky »

Hi all !

It's been a long time I didn't drop by :p Makeup can sometimes accomplish miracles lolol

Last Satursday I went to a colleague's wedding and I wanted to look good and my sis helped me to put some make-up and the result was amazing huhuhu (unfortunately, when I removed it, I looked some kind of different lololol with all big red pimples back like usual kekekeke).

You should try Mickey, it could help you sometimes :D

NB: the sis was not Nganh, she's as bad as I am for make-up lololol
^_____________^.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Nniicky wrote:You should try Mickey, it could help you sometimes :D
Hey! What are you trying to hint at? :)
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

mb_rockstar wrote:i can honestly say this is my dream job. i can see myself doing this for quite some time. i'm working at a counter. i'll have my up and down days, but that's ok. i think of it like this, i need to talk to 10 people in order to get one person to the counter...and that's a-ok with me.

i'm ready for the challenge. ;)
Looks like your dream has changed once you've left the cosmetics industry and found new goals to reach in two entirely different industries (banking and property management) :)

Sometimes, it takes a little push in another direction to help one realize that there are different challenges out there that you may enjoy pursuing more :)

I have had that happen at work about 2 months ago when I decided to finally turn around in my computer career and go for a position I was always scared to try. It will be interesting to see what has happened since this post two years from now :)

Michael
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

I was in banking before working at the cosmetic counter and I wanted to try something new and different. Yes, I see now that I was naive in saying that a position like that would be my dream job. At least I did it for a whole year and I don't regret any moment of it. I definitely learn a lot being a counter manager and it has helped me to my current position today as a property manager. My communication skills with external customers have increase quite a bit, however.....and sad to say, I am now looking for a position where I don't have to deal with external customers and only focus on internal customers.

Ultimately, I would like to get back into banking. It is what I know best and as long as I work in the corporate office, I believe I should be fine.

Yes...It will definitely be interesting to see what happens another 2 years from now. :)