The tsunami tragedy...what are u doing to help?

Have something to share? Talk about anything here :)

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

The tsunami tragedy...what are u doing to help?

Post by Mavis »

As titled. I took the easy way, donated money online to one of the charitable organizations.

Don't know where to donate? Here's a little help:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/1 ... .aidsites/
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Great link, Mavis.

I haven't been following the news lately, but I've heard something about the US government being stingy on the relief money?

Mike
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Hi Mavis,

I remember reading that America was being stingy, too. That was embarrassing...

I can't say that I am one for giving large sums of money to charities that I am not personnaly involved with but my work is doing something as a group to try to raise money to send to Asia. We are having a big county-wide bake sale this Thursday. The proceeds from the bake sale will go to the victims of the tsunami. Everybody will donate a baked good to sell. I have volunteered to donate 10 dozen chocolate chip cookies for the sale.

I wish I could do more. I always feel a little wierd and more than a little embarrassed when I start thinking about how easy my life really is. Most of us have really easy and carefree lives compared to others.

Thanks for posting a resource for us to help these people. I'll have to look into it further.

Lexi
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

i donate ^_^
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

I donate money, too. Organizations need more than just volunteers in order to really help people.

I'm just really selective about which charitable organizations I donate money to. There are some very good charities that mazimize and even match each donation and then there are a few duds out there.

Choose your charitable organizations wisely.