Warriors of Heaven and Earth, Kung Fu Hustle.. (Chin movies)

Romance, Comedy, Action, ... Satisfy your craving for movies here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Warriors of Heaven and Earth, Kung Fu Hustle.. (Chin movies)

Post by Mikey_ »

I watched snipplets of Kung Fu Hustle (some of the cast came directly from Shaolin Soccer) the other day and it seems quite interesting. Haven't yet watched it from beginning to end, but anybody seen it?

I'm also going to get Warriors of Heaven and Earth (DVD) soon. What do you guys think of it? The trailor looks nice and of course, Vicki Zhao, from Shaolin Soccer, is in it :)

In The Mood For Love supposedly also is VERY good. Have to take the time to watch that too someday.

Hmm... saw parts of Chung King Express the other night. I know, I know... it's a very, very old movie, but it appears to be quite a cute story. I haven't made up my mind yet whether Faye plays a stalker or not haha...

Ah, Elva Hsiao's singing right now... Woot!
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

I have kung fu hustle in perfect quality in real player.

oh i hated the warrior of heaven movie, the special effects were toooooooo much.

Kung Fu Hustle was pretty good (especially the fighting scenes in the middle, the one where they summons all these fighters, it was so niceeee, looked like a hollywood movie), i liked it alot, then again i loved The village while most ppl hated it.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

I liked The Village :)

Beside the special effects, how was the storyline for Warriors Heaven Earth?
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

hey hey , sorry i got mixed up with warrior heaven earth with another movie. i haven't seen this movie yet.
hunyee

Post by hunyee »

Warriors of heaven and earth is a very beautiful scence experience...
overall plot was ok... but i felt it dragged at places and was a bit long!

king fu hustle was funny! there was some real classic moments and revisits to hk slang ^.^ was very entertaining! i liked i liked!
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

One war movie I recommend watching is Musa: The Warrior. It's in Korean and partially Mandarin.
Nniicky
Fan
Fan

Post by Nniicky »

I watched Kung Fu Hustle with my parents and my sis' husband, it was so funny !!!! and it was in cantonese :)) I liked it very much
^_____________^.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Huh? Nganh got married? Since when???
nganh
Fan
Fan

Post by nganh »

It's my older sister's husband, not mine :P
I'll let you know when i get maried :)
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

When would that be? [smilie=win your love.gif]
nganh
Fan
Fan

Post by nganh »

In the next few years, hehe
Will you send me a present ?
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Perhaps ;)
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

I just watched Warriors of heaven and earth, i am not sure if that's a direct translation from the chinese title. anyways in the beginning it was a little slow and i was expecting Hero type martial arts but instead it was more Gladiator type so that was a let-down for me personally because i hated Gladiator, braveheart type of movies.

yeah so the beginning was a little dry and kinda confusing (i think the translations threw me off cuz i kept reading to read and listen, i would've understood it more if i just listened ) but the movie got me into it with the plot, actually got me really into wondering what' was gonna happen to them and stuffs and oh the actress looks so beatiful in there.

oh yeah, i thought the background music was amazing, i liked it much more than Hero or Croughing tiger.

overall good movie
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

what you guys think of the movie?
Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by Mavis »

I'll be honest, I thought Kung Fu Hustle sucked. It lacked any real story. The subplots could be much better developed (ie. love relationship between Stephen Chow and the mute girl, the old days of those super kung fu guys in the pigsty). The axe gang was also weird, back in those days some gangs might do nothing but bullying people, but they must have other businesses running to keep the cash flow. Also, no one explaining why the guy was killed at the beginning.

The only good thing was the fighting.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

I have to agree with all that you said, Mavis :)
nganh
Fan
Fan

Post by nganh »

Yeah we (my bf and me) were a little bit desapointed by the movie. We prefer The God of cookery, it's an old movie but very good !
Contrai
Fan
Fan

Post by Contrai »

it had some good laughs, but it wasn't funny the way i expected from stephen chow. some jokes were really lame, and some just got their giggle coz of the cartoonish pictures, the roadrunning - inspired chase between Chow and Kan Chia Fong at the beginning e.g.
and i had the feeling, the movie shouldn't be so funny at all.

homage is paid to the Shaw Brothers movies and the Kung Fu Flick from the 70ies, mixed up with american cartoons and japanese mangas. the cgi is heavy, far more than in Shaolin Soccer, almost too overblown.
Action by Yuen Woo Ping [ Sammo Hung left early ] looks great, but i only really liked the short real bits of fighting, for example between Chow and Bruce Leung Siu Lung at the end. It's 5 shots or so, then extremeness again.

and i liked the younger players also more, especially Danny Chan Kwok Kwan as Brother Sum and Xing Yu as fighting Coolie.....

anyway, i enjoyed watching the movie, sometimes it was just too much.

Xing Yu:

Danny Chan Kwok Kwan: