Movie: Eat Drink Man Woman

Share your opinions and thoughts on new and old releases here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.
Life is good. Be inspired.

Movie: Eat Drink Man Woman

Post by Mikey_ »

Eat Drink Man Woman

Plot Outline: Retired Master Chef Chu lives in a large house in Taipei with his three unmarried daughters, Jia-Jen, a chemistry teacher converted to Christianity, Jia-Chien, an airline executive, and Jia-Ning, a student who also works in a fast food restaurant. Life in the house revolves around the ritual of an elaborate dinner each Sunday, and the love lives of all the family members.

My Thoughts: This Mandarin-spoken movie has its subtle, comedic moments that just made me giggle. It's a movie detailing the relationship between a father and his three daughters with an ending that just fills up your heart with joy. Not only that, it's also a good movie that revolves around Chinese food (and good food it is!) There are a few twists towards the end of the film involving the love lives of just about every major character.

I recommend this heart-warming movie, particularly to those who have forgotten how much you should love your parents and siblings.

An enthusiastic 8/10.

You can buy the DVD here, starring Jacklyn Wu.

Michael
jama

Eat Drink Man Woman

Post by jama »

This is on my top 10 list of favorite movies, or at least my top 20! I saw it years ago and bought the DVD as soon as it came out. If you love good movies and/or good food(especially Chinese food), you'll love this movie!