Movie: A Moment to Remember [Korean]

Share your opinions and thoughts on new and old releases here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.
Life is good. Be inspired.

Movie: A Moment to Remember [Korean]

Post by Mikey_ »

Plot Outline

Beautiful Son Yae Jin (The Classic) and handsome Jung Woo Sung (Musa - The Warrior, Mutt Boy) share A Moment to Remember! Su-Jin (Son Yae Jin) and Chol-Su (Jung Woo Sung) meet under seemingly average, normal circumstances. Su-Jin is exiting an affair with a married man, and Chol-Su is working for Su-Jin?s father as a carpenter, and when they finally meet it's as if it was meant to be. Their love is affectionate and their marriage as close to perfect as can be...but is fate truly that kind? Su-Jin surprisingly contracts Alzheimer?s disease, and the tragic struggle they face both threatens and strengthens their love. But for how long? As Su-Jin?s memory begins to leaves her, the disease they face may turn out to be too much for even a love as strong as theirs?

A Moment to Remember is the latest representative of Korea?s stunningly popular tragic drama genre, and features two of the region's brightest stars. Son Yae Jin shines as the tragically afflicted Su-Jin, and Jung Woo Sung brings photogenic cool to the role of the supportive and loving Chol-su. This 2-DVD set of A Moment to Remember comes with various extras, including filmmaker commentary, and a Director?s Cut that restores nearly 30 minutes of extra footage!

My Thoughts

I watched it last week and although the story starts like most Korean romantic movies (goofy, cute), the movie quickly progresses towards the tear-jerker side. It's one of the most emotional movies I've seen in recent months because it makes you really think about what if the tragedy happened to you? Many of my co-workers called and thanked me for sharing it with them. One of them cried for over an hour at midnight and again on her way to work. Yup, very touching story. Go watch it! :)

8/10

You can find the DVD here