How's everyone doing ?

Have something to share? Talk about anything here :)

Moderator: Forum Mods

Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

How's everyone doing ?

Post by Eddy »

How's everyone doing?

busy busy busy ???

I never understood when i ask people "how have you been lately" and their response is usually "i've been real busy man"

i mean ........ does being busy means we are important or something? is being busy a good thing? or has it become a common phrase like the chinese common asking "did you eat yet?" and we'll HAVE to response "YEP!"

i rather get things done than be busy. i'm not sure what that means but i stand by it :D
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

It tends to be an excuse too, as in, "my mind's been occupied with other things, rather than with you/the forum"

Hey, I'm taking scuba diving certification in 2 weeks! :) And... I'm about to finish my 2nd class in the MBA program. Ten more to go...
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

You know I was just thinking that very same thing the other day. A former co-worker e-mailed me with one line, "How have you been?" It's usually the same answer, "I've been busy...blah blah blah."

I agree with Mike. The response usually means, "I've been preoccupied."

Busy can be a good thing. Meaning that they are a very productive, non-lazy person that always has something to do. Busy can also be bad. They might be trying to give you a hint, in a nice sort of way such as, "Don't bother me, I'm busy or I'm busy (trying to avoid you)." I've seen the latter played out so many times it's kind of sad.

Anyway, how am I doing? My response, "I'm doing wonderful, How about yourself?." ^_^
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

ohh scuba diving certificate !!! wow.....my girlfriend got her certificate when she was backpacking in EGYPT, i think it was ridiculously cheap. forgot the exact amount.

congrats on your MBA! i will be finally getting my undergrad paper next month =-) It really felt like i was in college for about 2 years rather than 4 since i took 3 semesters off...... actually i have been to 7 different colleges for different courses (i am getting my degree from my home college, which is SUNY Geneseo) and i have 6 different college ID's. I guess i like to collect ID badges....

I wish i could get a MBA in the future.

Hey rockstar, i'm a busy busy busy............ hehe

when people ask me and i'm really busy with things...... i usually tell them what i'm busy on.... and when i'm on the receiving end, i just feel weird asking them "oh really, what you been busy with?" after they've said "i'm busy busy busy"

so to answer your question rockstar =)

i've been busy trying to gather enough money to spoil myself for my upcoming vacation to korea, thailand and taiwan.

I can not believe how rich high school kids are these days, i am embarrassed to say that i am taking some pre-prom pictures this month for couple of high school kids and its just so easy to make money from them. I make the same amount from them in 2 hours (pre-prom) as to some of mine wedding photography. Should i feel guilty? because i know their parents are paying for it and i kidna feel like i am scamming them.

anyways

good night.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

It's going to cost me $280... yikes!

I haven't gotten my MBA yet -- have only completed 2 classes out of 12 thus far. Ten more to go... ten loooong more classes to go. I mean, the classes are very, very insightful and interesting, but hey, this means sacrificing your life for 2 years.

6 college IDs? Save them. Student discounts for flashing your ID :)

When are you going to Korea, Thai, and Taiwan? My next few destination goals are: Canada (Vancouver? Toronto?), Antarctica, South America, China, Cambodia (maybe), Japan, Korea (maybe), South Africa, Sahara (maybe), Thailand (maybe), Hawaii (maybe), Italy.

I don't think you should feel guilty about making that kind of money as long as it's in line with the rest of the market charges. And of course, if you're better than the average photographer in your area, then you SHOULD be allowed to charge a little higher. Besides, artists need to make a living too.

I'm hoping to open a photography studio when I approach retirement age or midlife crisis hehehe... We could perhaps hook up with this in the future?

Michael
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

How fun! It must to spoil yourself by traveling. I'll be doing that some day. ^_^
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."