Typical Day In Toronto (September 9th)

Have something to share? Talk about anything here :)

Moderator: Forum Mods

SaMmiLoVer
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Typical Day In Toronto (September 9th)

Post by SaMmiLoVer »

Made a trek to downtown Toronto again this weekend (I live in Markham which is like a suburb...Markham is known for its cultural diversity but is primarily made up of Asians and South Asians). My girl and I visited a vegetarian festival down by the Harbourfront (By Lake Ontario) and a festival called "A Taste Of Toronto"...Thought I'd share some pics of the day with you folks down south. We also saw a surprise guest at the MuchMusic headquarters...Fergie of The Black Eyed Peas! Oh...Toronto had a busy weekend, keeping in mind that the movie stars are in town for the Toronto Film Festival...Reese Witherspoon, Penelope Cruz, Christina Ricci, and Brad Pitt were the few to walk our streets this past week. How nice it is to be Canadian sometimes.

Ah Goo Goo...This Baby's Been Around Since '72!
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

hi

thanks for the photos, talking about toronto, i use to go up to markham and the richmond ? area where they have the pacific mall and markham place? every month when i was studying up in rochester.

I have great memories from toronto, i never went to the downtown chinatown tho, always wanted to do that.

I am coming up this weekend as well, maybe i'll see some movie stars !!!!!

eddy
SaMmiLoVer
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by SaMmiLoVer »

Oh yeah...Chinatown is not what it used to be in downtown Toronto. I rarely go there, 'coz of the smell and lack of parking. Everything Asian is uptown now in Markham with Pacific Mall (The largest Asian mall in North America), Market Village, First Markham Place and in Richmond Hill with Times Square. You'll find typically everything from congee restaurants, to bubbletea shops, to bootleg DVD stores (Thumbs down to those losers!), and Asian folks in Mercedes-Benz and Toyota Camrys (Typical stereotyping)!!! Hope you'll enjoy another weekend up here. I'm taking a week off next week from work and may spend a night in Niagara with my girl.

Btw, I live like a ten minute drive away from Pacific Mall. My girl is five minutes away.
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

She doesn't live with you?
SaMmiLoVer
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by SaMmiLoVer »

We still live with our folks. You know how much it costs to have your own place??? My bro and his wife just purchased a house that hasn't even been built yet...Expected date of moving in is probably in February and it cost them half a million (Cdn). Of course his wife is an accountant making the six digit figures!
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

wow

i didn't know the real estate is so high up in toronto, i thought housing was cheap.

six digits always help !

i miss that korean bbq buffet at market village, so tasty !

yun
SaMmiLoVer
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by SaMmiLoVer »

Toronto is an expensive city to live in nowadays. Even in the suburbs like our Markham or Richmond Hill. On average, and depending on location, houses cost around the $300,000 (Cdn) range. I know there is a Korean BBQ restaurant at Market Village, but I didn't know they had a buffet. I was there just a couple of months ago. Maybe you're referring to a different restaurant...But you never know 'coz places close down a lot of times and new ones open in its place. Eddy, where are you currently living?
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

The korean place i am referring is located right between market village and pacific mall, the interior looks is a giant circle, fairly nice looking. it was a decent size place. you can access the place from outside as well as inside.

anyways that's just from my recollection .... i haven't been back in couple of years now.

i'm living in nyc now.

what do you think is the GDP for toronto?

i konw in my field of work, wedding photography, toronto photgraphers gets paid even higher than many nyc photographers.
SaMmiLoVer
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by SaMmiLoVer »

Oh yes...That's the Korean restaurant which I was at a few months ago...That's still there but I didn't see a buffet. As for the GDP, I wouldn't be able to tell you, 'coz I'm no economics major and I never really follow that stuff in the news. Wow...NYC...I was there once in '97 and I loved it there. Times Square is just amazing to be in. Too bad I was only there for a short lil' weekend...And to be honest, I went down there to meet a former female member of the HKEC Chat. But that was a long time ago...
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Homes here in Irvine, Fountain Valley, Tustin, etc. start as high as US $1 Million! :(
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

I want to move out of NYC because of the high living standards.

The buffet in the restaurant isn't setup like the chinese ones, i remember it was on a menu and you just keep asking for more BEEFFFFFF

I was in korea for couple of weeks and oh man, those bbq are like night and day comparing to the ones i have ate in the states.
Last edited by Eddy on Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaMmiLoVer
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by SaMmiLoVer »

Eddy wrote:The buffet in the restaurant isn't setup like the chinese ones, i remember it was on a menu and you just keep asking for more BEEFFFFFF
I just told my girl what you stated and she said, yes, it's still the same...Ordering more beef from the menu...