HKSS.com was hacked

Get the latest news and updates on HKSS.com here!

Moderator: Forum Admins

Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

HKSS.com was hacked

Post by Mikey_ »

Sorry for the week-long downtime. The chat room was hacked and a "phishing" page was placed into one of its folders.

Because of that, the hosting company shut down the website (including all e-mails) for one ENTIRE week, leaving me utterly frustrated at why it took them so long to re-instate the account so that I could go and fix the hacking problem.

HKSS will be moved to another hosting company that will not have such a ridiculous response time. As such, the site may not work for some of you for about 72 hours, or however long it'll take me to migrate this site to the new server, and fix any problems that may arise.

Many apologies for this.

Michael
Last edited by Mikey_ on Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

The site has completed its move to the new service provider, www.psychz.net. There are still some bugs I have to work on and so some parts of HKSS.com may not work yet.

It's been very, very, very busy at work, but I will try my best to fix HKSS as soon as I can. Because the chat room unfortunately was hacked, HKE Chat will remain disabled for now until I find a new replacement.

This forum program will also need to be upgraded to minimize any potential hacking attempts to this site.

Many apologies for this long down-time.

Michael
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

The Discussion Forum, Member Galleries, and Play Music sections have been fixed and are fully operational now.

I haven't had the chance to look for another chat program yet.