How Is The Weather In Your Region?

Have something to share? Talk about anything here :)

Moderator: Forum Mods

SaMmiLoVer
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

How Is The Weather In Your Region?

Post by SaMmiLoVer »

With the holidays approaching, we're gonna get some snow sooner or later. As a matter of fact, there was a bit of blowing snow early this morning when I drove my girl to work. And earlier this afternoon, it was quite chilly with the wind blowing in my face, as I traded some Star Wars figures with a friend in the parking lot of this Asian plaza near my area. I believe the temps are near zero Celsius these couple of days. Last week, we were up in the early teens! The west coast had it the worst with lots of accumulation of snow in Vancouver and temperatures dropping below -30 Celsius in Edmonton and Calgary. I can't wait, 'coz this "snowtrooper' loves the winters!!! How is the weather currently in your region?
Ah Goo Goo...This Baby's Been Around Since '72!
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Here in Southern California, there's still no snow, but local mountains have already created snow for skiing. I can't wait to go snowboarding next Sunday! :)
SaMmiLoVer
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by SaMmiLoVer »

It's cool that you do winter sports Mikey! Great exercise and fun! I remembering doing a bit of cross-country skiing with the school back in the days. Now all I do is make snow cones!!! :P
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

didn't a huge snowstorm just hit the west coast?

i've never gone snowboarding, skiing..... i did ride a ATV in the snow once.

the weather in NYC is great so far, the cold front just came in so i think winter has finally arrived, it was close to 70 last week.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Ah, cross-country skiing. Did that for a VERY VERY brief time back when I was in middle school. I was a total beginner and the school accidentally placed me with the intermediates. Well, one of the PRETTY female teachers saw that I was struggling, and so she gave me personal lessons. Everybody in my class was jealous hehehe. :D

Eddy: skiing/snowboarding is FUN! See pictures here: http://www.hkss.com/comm/gall/thumbnails.php?album=33
SaMmiLoVer
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by SaMmiLoVer »

Currently it is -10 Celsius in the Greater Toronto Area with a windchill of -18 Celsius. This is nothing!!! I can't wait until the real cold stuff comes into play! My friends hate me 'coz I'm the winter-type of guy. I stepped out of the office in frigid temperatures yesterday to assist a customer with his items in just my t-shirt! I sleep good at night...That's all that matters and it is not 'sticky-icky' like it is in July or August. I'm lovin' it! :D
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

hmm...it's been about 40-50 degrees fahrenheit at night. During the day it's been pretty warm around 75-80 degrees fahrenheit.
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

hello all, i'm in seoul, korea right now, it's is coldddd over here..... i can't wait for snow this year.

Oh yeah sammi, i know exactly what u mean by the coldness in canada, even in buffalo and rochester, we get those whiteouts as well. and of course after a foot of snow, it all turns into ice the next day. I remember having to warm up my car for like 20 mins, the mirrors and windows would all be stuck.

I am heading to tokyo for new years, my friends tell me tokyo has perfect weather during the winters.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

What the???? You get to travel again? Man, can you sense the jealousy on this forum? :) :)
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

haha, traveling to places where you can't communicate is very stressful, dont' be jealous

i wish i could visit you guys in the near future !
SaMmiLoVer
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by SaMmiLoVer »

Omigod...Tokyo!!! I AM ALREADY JEALOUS!!! The land of Godzilla...The land of good sushi...The land of miniska...Whoops!!! That slipped out! :D Have a fun and safe time in Asia Eddy! Take lots of pictures for us!
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Yeah, and take lots of pictures of those Miniska's... whatever that is :)

Michael
SaMmiLoVer
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by SaMmiLoVer »

Don't you wanna know Mikey??? :eek:
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

what is that?
haha

seoul had it's first snow this year, i hear mascow is still warm !!! global warming !!!
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

:)
SaMmiLoVer
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by SaMmiLoVer »

Haven't had any accumulation up here either. Sucks! I mean I had the winter tires on the car weeks ago...All prepped...Now I feel that we're going to have a 'green' Christmas...*SIGH* :-( It has been a very mild weekend up here. I think it was as high as 13 Celsius today. I spent a few hours outside washing the dirt off the car.
SaMmiLoVer
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by SaMmiLoVer »

Still no snow and it's not that cold up here. That's quite unusual for January in Toronto. I heard that there was a major snowstorm down south in one of the states...Colorado? It may hit 10 Celsius this week up here.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

The east coast of the US is unusually warm too.

Hey, my company may send me to Toronto for work on one of our Canadian offices over there. Not sure yet if or when I'll be going.

Michael
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

it was 75 degrees here in NYC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in JANUARY !!
SaMmiLoVer
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by SaMmiLoVer »

Mikey_ wrote:Hey, my company may send me to Toronto for work on one of our Canadian offices over there. Not sure yet if or when I'll be going.
Lemme know if it's confirmed Mikey...It would be awesome to meet the 'infamous' one in person! Like how long have I known you online??? I think it's been 10 years or so thanks to your chat program. However, I guess it's not how it used to be, when a lot of people flooded onto it to chat away. I miss the ol' days bro. But if you do come up here, lemme know ahead of time and I'll give you my number. Remember that I am not in Toronto anymore but just a 5 minute drive from the northern border in Markham (Asian and SouthAsian Central). Woohoo!!! Let's do dim sum!!! \:D/