Music: Kelly Chen's "Love in Spain"

Share your opinions and thoughts on new and old releases here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mavis

Music: Kelly Chen's "Love in Spain"

Post by Mavis »

Kelly might be facing the toughest time in her career right now after smoothly ascending to stardom since her debut in 1995. While she's not falling off a cliff, she's just not as hot as she was 2 years ago.
"Love in Spain" is a decent album, but for someone at Kelly's level, decent might not be enough. Track 1 "Shake Shake" is a typical Kelly type dance song, not as heavy as her previous ones, which I actually prefer. Track 2 "She's uglier than me" is the Mark Lui style ballad that we've come to know. Kelly's singing has really improved; at least she understands that she doesn't have to a high tone all the time. If anything, her lower tone is actually more comfort to listen.

We've all heard Track 3 "To love someone" in Hacken's album before. Kelly also has a solo version in Track 12. Track 6 "Freud's laughing at me" has little to do with Sigmund Freud.

As for the rest of the tracks? Well, they are decent, but nothing really screams out from the rest. While this is fine with her fans, it might not be enough to bring Kelly back to the top.

Rating: 7.5/10
Recommendations:
Track 1 "Shake Shake"
Track 2 "She's uglier than me"
Track 3 "To love someone"
Track 8 "Love"