Music: MIRIAM YEUNG's "Miriam's Melodies"

Share your opinions and thoughts on new and old releases here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Music: MIRIAM YEUNG's "Miriam's Melodies"

Post by Mavis »

It's not everyday where you see a singer and his/her record label parting on happy terms. But this seems to be the case with Miriam. This is probably her last album with Cinepoly as she has already signed with Gold Label. According to news reports, Miriam, Kelly Chen, and Andy Hui (again) will all have new song + compilations released before the end of the year, and surprisingly, most of the attention (e.g. promotion) will be on Miriam's album, a testament to her album sales.

"Miriam's Melodies" is a new song + compilation which not only include Miriam's best songs from her Cinepoly days, but also from her Capital Artists days. The 2 new songs are found in the first track of the 1st CD "Homestead", and at the end of the 2nd CD "Old Place". I prefer "Old Place" over "Homestead". The compilation pretty much covers all of Miriam's past hits.

Through the compilation, you'll realize that Miriam has much more variety among her hits compared to other HK artists. Track 2 CD 1 "Maiden's Prayer" is not the typical sad love song. Track 6 CD 1 "Crying wolf" is her first song, which actually sounded better than when I first heard it 7 years ago. Track 7 CD 1 "Souvenirs" has a grandeur feeling. Track 14 CD 1 "Bringing my head up" is a sad song that's a non-ballad. The second CD features more recent hits, like track 4 "Sister", Track 7 "Peter Pan"

If you (somehow) haven't bought Miriam's previous albums, this is the one to get.

Rating: 8.5/10

Buy the CD here

Recommendations:
All the old songs (see a pattern here)