Music: LEO KU's "Video Game"

Share your opinions and thoughts on new and old releases here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Music: LEO KU's "Video Game"

Post by Mavis »

Remember him? The guy once touted the "5th Heavenly King"? I must say he wasn't bad, but his songs just got too boring and eventually vanished from the music scene.

Well he's back and honestly, having him back in the music scene is better than having another out of tune pretty boy polluting our ears. "Video Game", as the title suggest, uses the theme of video game titles in the song. First hit song track 5 "Let heaven cry" (or Nintendo cries, if u like a straight translation) shows that Leo hasn't missed a beat when it comes to singing. The second hit song track 1 "Killer move", which is my favourite, and a hit on radio stations.

The other songs are mostly ballads, which suits well with Leo's soft voice. Track 2 "Goddess of Love" sounds like another hit. Track 4 "Winning eleven" incorporates football/soccer in a love song. The album also includes 2 mandarin songs (the last songs in the album), which I think we can do without. Leo just sounds better in Cantonese.

Rating: 7.5/10
Recommendations:
Track 1 "Killer instinct"
Track 2 "Goddess of love"
Track 5 "Let heaven cry"
Track 8 "Memories of heartbeat"
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Is the music industry still that bad? It's been quite some time since I lost got any album ...

Michael
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

thanks for the review marvis

I am listening to TW music SOOOOOOOOOOO much more lately

eddy
Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by Mavis »

Eddy, no problem. I think for 2003, Taiwan definitely had much better music than Hong Kong as a whole.