Been to E3? (Electronic Entertainment Expo) (Pics addded)

Have something to share? Talk about anything here :)

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Been to E3? (Electronic Entertainment Expo) (Pics addded)

Post by Mikey_ »

I've gone the past 2 years, but I'm skipping this year.

Whoever lives in the Southern California area and wants to go to E3 2006, let me know, and I'll see if I can get you any tickets.

Michael
Last edited by Mikey_ on Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
nganh
Fan
Fan

Post by nganh »

What's in this expo ?
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

This expo is where companies display the latest in gaming: games, equipment, announcements, etc. It's not open to the public and you have to be in the gaming industry to be allowed to purchase a ticket.

http://www.e3expo.com
Nniicky
Fan
Fan

Post by Nniicky »

oh I remember you showed me some pictures (with women !!! half naked...) !!!
^_____________^.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Half Naked? Not all of them were. Car Import show models have even less clothing...
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

Oh my GOd, you can get tickets for the show?????????? that's crazy

i would love to go if only i was living 3000 miles closer!!!!!

going to the E3 show was always a dream to me when i first opened (7th grade) Electronic Games, and GamePro.

I thought they always tour it around the globe, only recently i found out that it's always held in cali. and that it's close to public recently ? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Can't believe this, I miss the international car show this year ALSO !
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Eddy,

It was my dream since I was a little kid too, but you know, it really isn't as "great" as you may think. It's still fun to go though -- I primarily enjoy taking pictures of the booths (especially if they have nice, colorful lighting -- Nintendo does that really well), getting the freebies, look at some of the games, and take pictures of the models (where else can you take pictures of different people who are willing to pose?) I like taking pictures of them primarily because it helps me learn how to take better pictures (and it has!) Some people may think, "Yeah, right! You just want to drool over them." Actually, no (seriously!) I just love taking pictures.

Anyway, above all, I enjoyed going there because I could spend some time with friends, relatives, and Kim, although getting the freebies was a close second ;)

Here are some of the show:

2003: Los Angeles

More pictures: 1 2 3

Here's one of my favorite shots... I love the composition of the picture (the model herself was so-so looking):

2004: Los Angeles

I think they were always closed to the public, but I could be wrong. The expo is usually held in Atlanta or in Los Angeles, but lately it's been primarily in L.A.

Hey, if you ever want to go, let me know between September-January so that I can arrange the ticket for you. I'd be more than happy to get you in.

Michael
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

oh thanks for the photos, it's different seeing photos from someone you know than in the magazines.

yea if i ever had the chance, i would love to attend one just to fulfill my dream.

i hope ps 3 will be at the E3 that i attend to..
=)
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Haha... That means you won't be going for another 1 or so years eh? hehehe If you do plan on going in the future, be ready to set aside Wednesday - Friday. Those are the days the expo always runs on.

And it's definitely better and more exciting seeing pictures from someone you know. The pictures you took with your new lens alone got me all excited even though it's been done professionally before :)

Michael
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

My next door neighbor's little boy would love to go to something like this. They usually have to wrench his Gameboy from his hands to get him to do something else for a while...

Neat-o photos :)

Dominitrix lady photo: Damn! Even I want a piece of that!
Just kidding... :-D

Bye!
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

You have to be 18 to get in. So, perhaps in a decade or so from now :)

That woman you talked about, she's been voted #1 "Booth Babe" for E3 3 years in a row. I'm sure she'll win again. She's Australian, but in 2003's E3, she looked Asian in one of the costumes.