Fitness Tips & Motivations

Photography, Origami, knitting, gambling, sea shells, vacations... you name it! Share your hobbies with like-minded enthusiasts here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

Daily Food Intake for 2 days
Who says you can?t eat healthy and save money?

BREAKFAST
Banana - $0.20 (calculated at $0.69/lbs.)
Yogurt - $0.50

LUNCH
Lean Cuisine $1.00
Arrowhead 1liter $0.79
Yogurt $0.50
Naked Juice Smoothie $1.00

DINNER
Half a watermelon $1.95 (calculated at $3.99/each)

Total spent: $5.94

-----------------------------------------------------

BREAKFAST
Banana - $0.20

LUNCH
Lean Cuisine - $1.00
Yogurt - $0.50
Arrowhead 1 liter - <$0.79> (From yesterday)

DINNER
? Watermelon - $1.00 (calculated at $3.99/each)

Total spent: $2.70
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Feeling Good: Priceless.

:)
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

:) yep
pumpkin_annie

Post by pumpkin_annie »

i went through a short sad period in my life two years ago where i ate nothing but fast food! and it made me 15 lbs fatter!

it took me two years to lose 15 lbs and get back to 95 lbs. i'm short & small so any more weight than that doesn't look right on me.

i found what is most important is to have patience!!! and give my body a rest for a few days when it aches, then get back into it. when i first started out two years ago, i tried working out 6 days a week for an hour each day, it worked for like the first three months and i lost weight fast, but i couldn't keep that up and i was aching & burnt out so i took like 6 months off from exercise hahaha...not very good.

i don't really stick to a strict diet. i just eat two moderate meals a day and i can only have fruits or veggies for snacks if i get hungry inbetween meals. no eating past 8pm and no more fast food hahahah! i tried the vegetarian only thing but it was too difficult for me & i would end up craving and eating more.

i do cardio for at least 30 mins and then i do pilates, yoga, or light weight training. i love pilates & yoga!!!! it's so calming & relaxing and helps tone the muscles and lower body fat. i still got some jelly to tone!! hahaha.

i also got two new dogs 6 months ago, which helped me a lot because i have to walk a mile with them at least two times a week. this helps me with motivation the most, because even if i miss out on my regular exercise routine, i have to walk my dogs!! and walking them is fun & feels good, because i love them!!

a good exercise movie for me is Love on a Diet, such a funny & good movie! for some reason watching that movie always motivates me to exercise.

a book i would reccomend is Losing Your Pounds of Pain by Doreen Virtue, it explains the psychological reasons why we choose certain foods.

i hope some of this is helpful! :)
we turn the dirt with our palms cupped like shovels, but i know our filthy hands can wash one anothers' and not one speck will remain
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

Thanks pumpkin_annie :)

So far, within two years I've lost over 50 pounds. I have 40 more pounds that I would like to lose and it's become quite difficult for me because I tend to eat similar foods that the people I hang out with eats. That's really bad on my part, but I try to choose a lesser option everytime we go out.

I've been alternating between swimming and the gym at least 2-3 times a week and I've been drinking tons of water. Within the last month or so I've already lost about 5 pounds, which is not too bad because there was I time where I lost 12 pounds in one month. How I lost so much weight at that time wasn't the wisest choice, so now I'm just taking it easy and not stressing so much about it.

I use to do pilates and a little bit of yoga in the past. Why don't I do that anymore? Not sure. I've considered taking it up again, but maybe at a later time because I have a lot going on at the moment. Another thing I'd like to get into is dancing! Ballroom, swing dancing, hip hop, pop, contemporary. I'm up for any type of dancing. :) I use to swing dance back when I was in junior high. Those were some fun times.

Anyhow, I think I've seen that movie, 'Love on a Diet' starring Andy Lau and Sammi Cheung? Yea, I agree that movie sort of made me want to excerise more. As for the book, I haven't heard of it but I'll check it out next time I drop by Borders BookStore. :)
pumpkin_annie

Post by pumpkin_annie »

wow you're doing pretty good! yeah, it's hard to eat right when the people around you don't like to eat the same thing, you don't want to be the party pooper or picky eater so you give in...that's what happend with me when I was trying to eat vegetarian.

dancing sounds like a really good idea!! get fit & look sexy doing it...haha. i really like bellydancing, like shakira! i tried taking some classes but i didn't have the motivation or patience to learn something like that right now, but if you do go for it!!!...i like hip hop also.
we turn the dirt with our palms cupped like shovels, but i know our filthy hands can wash one anothers' and not one speck will remain
Nniicky
Fan
Fan

Post by Nniicky »

Hi all,

It's great to you keep being so motivated !!! I've gain 2kg in Vietnam (= 4 weeks). The women are very slim there. I've never felt so fat in my life lol. Now I try to eat it less but it's difficult because I'm used to have big portions since my vacation :-(

Anyway, back to reality and work. I've been eating ugly sandwiches for lunch these days lol

This morning I went for jogging and I am really proud of myself because I'm a very lazy person. I don't know how come but when I woke up, I felt very motivated and went to the park to run a bit (ok only 20 minutes but it is a good start for someone like me who never do exercise lolol).

I hope I won't give up and can make it (lose 4kg). I am very small too, so every extra kilo I take cannot be hidden and seems even bigger than on a normal size person lol. When I read your posts, it really motivates me !!! :pp Thank you so much !!!
^_____________^.
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Facts and tips

Post by mb_rockstar »

Just some interesting facts and tips I recieved through e-mail:

A pound of fat represents approximately 3500 calories of stored energy. In order to lose a pound of fat, you have to use 3500 more calories than you consume. It's best not to do this over the course of a day; you'd probably hurt yourself, and your body (knowing it, the uncooperative creature) would probably have some extreme reaction which did not involve you losing any actual weight. It's better to spread this out over a week, so that you aim to exceed your caloric requirements by 3500 to 7000 calories per week, resulting in weight loss of one to two pounds per week. It's not healthy to try to lose more than two pounds in a week, and if you do attempt to do so you're unlikely to be successful.

**Doing cardio first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, before you eat anything, is by far, the most effective. Whether you run, jog, walk, swim, jump rope, take an aerobics class, ride a bike, etc., doing it first thing in the morning is the best time to do it for maximum fat loss. Why? Its simple. When you do your cardio workout, you are burning calories. Lets say you wake up, eat breakfast, eat lunch later in the day, and then a few hours after lunch, you do your cardio. All you will be doing during that cardio is burning the calories and carbs of the food you just ate. When you do cardio first thing in the morning, you haven't eaten anything for the last 8 or so hours because you were sleeping. So, when your body sees that there are no carbs to burn, it goes directly to stored bodyfat. And stored bodyfat is the fat that is on your body, which is the fat that you want to lose!

Alcohol can sabotage your weight-loss efforts. It's a simple carbohydrate and your body treats it as sugar when breaking it down. Alcohol also causes an increase in blood sugar and fat storage, and because it doesn't contain any fiber, it will also cause a sugar crash as well as an increased appetite for carbs.