Popular singers from the 70's?

Have a passion for music? Discuss it here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

pchan543

Popular singers from the 70's?

Post by pchan543 »

I was wondering if anyone could list some popular Chinese singers from the 70's? I'm trying to find songs for my parents. :D

I only know of ?H?R?g Theresa Teng. Any others?
petiteling
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by petiteling »

I don't know many popular singers from the 70's. Besides Teresa Teng, these are the ones I came up with. Hope you can find their music.

Adam Cheng (鄭少秋)
Cheung Tak Lan (張德蘭)
Fan Nei (薰妮)
Sam Hui (許冠傑)
Deanie Ip (葉德嫻)
Johnny Ip (葉振棠)
May Koo (顧媚)
Susanna Kwan (關菊英)
Michael Kwan (關正傑)
George Lam (林子祥)
Lau Ga Cheung (劉家昌)
Lau Ying Hung (柳影虹)
Lee Heung Kam (李香琴)
Lo Yip May (盧業媚)
Roman Tam (羅文)
Alan Tam (譚詠麟)
Jenny Yan (甄妮)
Lisa Wang (汪明荃)

Good luck with your search!
Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by Mavis »

Alan Tam didn't start going solo until 1979. Before that, he, along with Kenny Bee (among others) were members of a band group called Wynners. The Wynners were one of the most popular groups in Asia during the 70s.
petiteling
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by petiteling »

Mavis, that's right! Alan Tam was part of Wynners. I completely overlooked them in my search.

pchan543, you might want to give this site a try:

http://www.angeltowns.com/members/tvsongs

I was able to download Adam Cheng, Lisa Wang, Cheung Tak Lan, Suasanna Kwan, Michael Kwan, and Jenny Yan from that site in addition to songs used on tvb's miniseries. The site is maintained by a Vietanmese person so you will have to deal with some Vietnamese on the side. Do check the site often because new songs are added.

Btw, you might also want to download Nadia Chan's Song Bird (天涯歌女) album. Your parents might like the songs on that album if they like Teresa Tang. Some of the songs were from the 40's or 50's (Marvis, correct me if I'm wrong) and not from the 70's; however, I find a lot of older people enjoy them. Three songs from the album can be found on the above mentioned site. I have the album in its entirety and would love to share it with you, but unfortunately, I didn't buy the CD when it came out in 1990 and am regretting it now.
pchan543

Post by pchan543 »

thanks petiteling and Mavis for all your input! I didn't know Alan was part of wynners...