Review: LEO KU's "Nobiko"

Share your opinions and thoughts on new and old releases here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Review: LEO KU's "Nobiko"

Post by Mavis »

Last time, it was the theme of video games. This time around it's a theme around comic character. "Nobiko" reminds me of why Leo Ku faded from the music scene a few years back. Despite his nice voice, some of the songs are just simply bland.

The first plug song in the album is track 1 "Nobiko", nice acoustic song that may have gotten more attention because of its title. The producers were thoughtful enough to have the original Cantonese voice of "Doraemon" to produce a Happy Ending version (track 10) but the dialogue was rather dumb.

The other 2 plug songs are track 2 "Love and trust" and track 4 "Hurt chases people". Quite frankly they are quite similar, ballads with a so-so first verse and all focus on the chorus.

Other songs in the album might be attractive if you are a fan of that comic/cartoon character. But the songs itself, I wasn't too impressed, especially the lyrics. Track 9 is "I'm a cat", which is the theme song for the Garfield movie, but how come the lyrics doesn't have any reference to lasagna? Lyric-wise, it's just a poor effort from Lam Chik.

Rating: 7/10

Recommendations:
Track 1 "Nobiko"
Track 4 "Hurt chase people"
Track 5 "Touch"
Contrai
Fan
Fan

Post by Contrai »

I like at most 2 songs by Leo Koo, and that's really less. I mean, i like 10 songs even by Ekin Cheng for example, see the difference.

So, at this cd [ could just listen 1-5 ]:
1 is bad....
2 and 3 are okay [ 2 is better ], but bland in the best sense of meaning
and while reaching 4th and 5th i'm fall asleep