New Member Here

If you are new to this forum, introduce yourself to the community here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

DesIre_s
Curious Member
Curious Member

New Member Here

Post by DesIre_s »

Hi everyone,
I look forward to being friends with you all... :)
PHV
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Hi Desire! Welcome to the forum :)

So, where are you from? What are your interests?

I live in California and love movies, music. Mostly Chinese/Korean ones, I shall add :)

Michael
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

Welcome DesIre_s!!

It's wonderful to see new people here. Please share a little bit about yourself. :)

As for myself, I love photography and long walks on the beach and....hehe* Oops, TMI. :P I love photography though.
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
DesIre_s
Curious Member
Curious Member

About myself

Post by DesIre_s »

I live in Minnesota, I actually go to college for Accounting and I'm self employed into the Real Estate and Mortgage Industry. I love a lot of things. I'm a very open person, down to earth, funny and hard working person. More like a devoted person. I don't have much of an expectation for many people but mostly for myself. I like to read, watch movies, play games, study, work, sing, play piano, music, play sports, and keep my life busy. Oh and I also like to sleep.
PHV
Mikey_

Re: About myself

Post by Mikey_ »

DesIre_s wrote:Oh and I also like to sleep.
Haha....

What type of singing do you do? I have a friend who sings in a choir and plays the piano too. She's Korean and is 22 years old.
DesIre_s
Curious Member
Curious Member

SInging

Post by DesIre_s »

I actually like to sing varieties. Pretty open with that kind of thing. But piano is what I love the best. Whenever I'm upset or mad piano's my friend. Playing it expresses my feelings and everything. So I'm pretty open with that.
PHV
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

As they say, "music can move a nation." :)
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

I use to play the piano also when I was younger. I'm not sure if I remember much. Now, I just like to sing and pick up the guitar once in a great while. Which reminds me, I must ask a certain someone if I can borrow their guitar because mine is out of commission. :P

DesIre_s, have you ever performed in front of an audience before?
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

i always wished i was artistic. desire and rock, you guys are so lucky !

somehow i am surrounded by people in bands. i have a musician friend who's moving down to north carolina, he said music huge down there .....i am not sure what he is talking about tho......

desire: way ta go being self-employed :eek: ! hehe, i wish i can be self-employed for the rest of my life.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Self employment is difficult -- requires a lot of dedication, risk taking, and hard work. It can also be very rewarding. Be self employed for the rest of your life? Don't you want to retire at some point in time like Bill Gates at age 50 with $50 billion in personal assets? :)

By the way, Bill really is retiring. He'll be out of Microsoft's day-to-day decision role in 2 years.

Michael
DesIre_s
Curious Member
Curious Member

Music and Self-Employed

Post by DesIre_s »

Actually I have performed in the audience once. It was a blast. I had a lot of fan but I actually stopped when I had..QUITE a dilemna with the parents. Having to meet their expectations just cause I was the only girl I chose to let my music career slide. As for self employed it's easy, fast and yes hard working dedicated in order for you to succeed. But it's a lot better than putting yourself in a 8 hours a day routine. Life is short why not go for it. I mean being self employed you can work anytime. But working a 8 hour job is expected from you but you make less than a self employed. So why not use the brain and the creative ideas, thoughts, and decisions and make it a reality, make it into money. Of course I want to retire but not at 50 I'd say on the day when I'm very old and with wrinkles, barely walk or barely standing. Than yeah, that's when I can say I'm on a real vacation. Til then I still have a lot of time to use.
PHV
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

If you don't mind me asking, how young are you again? For some reason I keep thinking that you've told us somewhere that you're 21 years old. If you are, you are certainly quite mature for your age. That's a good thing :)

Michael
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

i think desire said she's 22 above.

yeah she is very mature for her age.

i read about bill gates leaving microsoft and focus on his dedication to world poverty?

i read it somewhere in the times magazine last week or so.

of course i want to retire when i'm 50 and 50 billion dollar asset ....... haha if i am worth 50 billion when i'm 50, i'll buy you guys each an island in the phillippines :D

i think self-employmet definitely makes people work longer hours..... i use to believe that when you're self-employed, you get to work hours that YOU want...... i find that to be totally false nowadays.....there is more freedom when you look at it from a year persecptive, but day to day, i am always on the run.

then again, i have horrible time management.
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

At the same time, if your business requires to be open certain times and dates... there goes your flexibility :)

The flexibility perhaps comes from having the ability to hire someone else to run your shop while you're doing something else.

But in Desire's case, she has great flexibility due to the schedules of Real Estate agents -- and business has been booming in that particular sector.

Michael
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

No, Mikey_ was referring to his friend being 22 years old. I'm take a wild guess and say DesIre_s is 24 +. Am I right? :)
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Oh, maybe you're right. Maybe I confused her with Ji-Hee because of the piano and singing thing :)
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Can I take a wild guess about your nickname? DesIre_s = something with Ireland? Perhaps your home country? I'm guessing this because you'll be going to Ireland after your North Carolina trip this weekend.

Michael
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

Hey DesIre_s,

I'm curious, how did you come across this site and what made you register? :)
Lexi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lexi »

Piano players... you ladies are amazing. Wish I had some your talent. :)
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

You do! It's called, "Understanding Politics" :) I have almost no clue what's going on with the government :)