Music: JOLIN TSAI "Castle"

Share your opinions and thoughts on new and old releases here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Music: JOLIN TSAI "Castle"

Post by Mavis »

It's hard to duplicate success. After her great comeback with the album "Watch my 72 changes" last year, Jolin follows up with the "Castle".

It's quite obvious that her producers tried to replicate the magic last time. Even the song names are similar: instead of "72 changes", this time there's "36 Tricks of Love" (track 1). Even track 2 "It's love" sounds like a slower version of last year's big hit "Say love me" (both are written by Jay by the way). However, unlike last year's "Taste of Popcorn", track 3 "The Smell of Lemon Grass" is a sad ballad.

The first plug song in "Castle" is track 4 "Pirates". From the music you can tell it was written by Jay Zhou, but nonetheless the song is rather refreshing with an European flavour. "36 Tricks of love" is the theme song for an electronics brand, and has that cyber feel.

Even with the attempt to replicate, the album is not bad at all, but it does get a little boring after track 7 "Disappearing castle". The photos in the CD does look better than last album though. The pink theme worked very well.

Rating: 7.5/10

Buy the CD here

Recommendations:
Track 1 "36 Tricks of love"
Track 3 "The smell of lemon grass"
Track 4 "Pirates"
Track 6 "Love love love"
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Goodie, I know someone who likes Jolin's songs :)

Mike
Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by Mavis »

You're just starting to notice now?? :o
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

Ha :)

Well, I like her songs too :)