HOCKEY FANS?

Have something to share? Talk about anything here :)

Moderator: Forum Mods

GT
Fan
Fan

HOCKEY FANS?

Post by GT »

Eddy was asking if there is anyone who follows sports...Well I am a hardcore Hockey fan! So if anyone want to discuss anything hockey, you can talk with me :D
Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by Mavis »

Well, I used to be be. Pretty much gave up when the neutral zone trap became a common thing and 50-goal scorers extinct. It's amazing though, I haven't followed hockey for quite a few years but most of the names are still familiar.

So who's hot in the NHL now, besides the household names from the 90s? The only one I remember well is Ilya Kovalchuk (you've gotta remember any guy that scores 6 goals in any NHL game).
GT
Fan
Fan

JUMBO JOE

Post by GT »

Hey Mavis, haven't talk to you for so long...and never thought I'd be talking hockey with you :o

The biggest name in NHL now are Joe Thornton of the Boston Bruins (my favorite team), Todd Bertuzzi and Markus Naslund of the Vancouver Canucks, Dany Heatley (who's recovering from a horrific car crash) and Ilya Kovalchuk of the Atlanta Thrashers. Then there are the big 6 forwards from the Colorado Avalanche; Peter Forsberg, Joe Sakic, Paul Kariya, Teemu Selanne, Milan Hejduk and Alex Tanguay. Many of the old stars from the 90s are still around and doing well especially the oldies in Detroit (Hull, Yzerman, Shanahan). Roy retired, Hasek came back from retirement, and Curtis Joseph's in the minors (because of Hasek's decision).
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Hey GT :) Glad to see you around again...

For some reason this thread didn't show up as "new". I stumbled across this by accident... Strange...

Michael
Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by Mavis »

GT, well I guess I'm not that outdated then! Thornton and Bertuzzi...almost given up by their teams just a few years earlier. I know about Heatley, but just another tough lesson for the young upcoming players....keep your head straight even if you have millions in your bank account.

As a guy from Toronto (not a Leaf fan though) Joseph deserves this fate. Now he'll be stuck there unless Hasek wants to retire again. I used to like the Flames, and obviously they haven't improved much since I last saw them.
GT
Fan
Fan

Cujo's fate...

Post by GT »

I do agree with you that it's Cujo's own doing that he's in this situation now, but you gotta feel a little for the guy though. Detroit signed him to that 3 year ($8 million each year) contract last year and now nobody in the league wants him (he's been on waiver a couple of times and nobody picked him up) because of the money he makes and the uncertainty of the economical situation of the league after this season (when the Collective Bargaining agreement between the NHLPA and the team owners expire). Well, what goes around comes around...he unseated Felix Potvin (who's now with the Bruins) in Toronto, now he's on the other side of the spectrum...how ironic :roll:
Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Post by Mavis »

CuJo was never anything great during he regular season, but he seems to take it one step further in the playoffs.

With so many good goalies around, I can see why no one wanted him.