Movie: The Passion of the Christ

Share your opinions and thoughts on new and old releases here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Mavis
Crazed Fan
Crazed Fan

Movie: The Passion of the Christ

Post by Mavis »

Well, I finally saw it (actually at the first chance since it didn't start playing here until 4/1). Like I'm said I'm not religious in anyway so I may not have the strong feelings that others may have.

The movie itself was great. Of course no one can dispute what really happened but Mel Gibson did a great job interpreting his version of the story. The shooting (of the movie) was fantastic and each character was potrayed with great detail. The movie was long but I thought Mel could've made it more longer if he wanted to; perhaps this was another great thing about this movie. Mel could've made this movie a preacher or more commercial by showing more of Jesus' miracles in the movie but he didn't.

Now comes the bad part....it was way too violent (graphically). We already have an idea of how bad the suffering was but for a non-religious person, I think that was way too much. However, the people that I went with (a Christian church who bought out the whole show) was very moved by the movie. For a few minutes after the movie no one had moved from their seats. Also, I'm not sure whether this was the case in the US version, but a lot of the dialogue were not subtitled in English or Chinese. Maybe this was another one of Mel's intentions....the emotions and the action meant a lot more than the spoken words.

This was a great movie, but I'm not sure if I'll want to see it again.

Rating: 9/10

Buy the movie here
GT
Fan
Fan

Post by GT »

Well, I finally saw it this past weekend! I went with my whole family to this as we are all christians. I gotta say that this Mel Gibson's version of the last 12 hours of Christ's life was very well filmed. Was the violence excessive? From a pure filmmaking standpoint, yes. From a Christian's standpoint, no. People just need to realize how much pain Jesus gone through for us and I think the movie clearly got this point across. Ok ok, I am not gonna preach here. Other parts of the movie, however, didn't hit me emotionally as much as I thought it would. So my final opinion is that "The Passion of the Christ" works well enough both for the general public and Christians.

GT's rating: 7/10

Post by Guest »

Hi ! :D I heard a lot about the movie The Passion of the Christ and that it is a must watch good movie.
I am still hoping for the chance to watch it in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
May my hope come true. :D
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

Apa khabar, Yeap! Welcome to this forum :)

Michael

Post by Guest »

Hi ! :D Terima Kasih my man.
It really make me feel so good to be welcome to the forum :)
Give me a sense of belonging to the world community my man
This is because I reside in Kuala Lumpur and I only managed to travel within West Malaysia and Singapore 8)
I am looking forward to watch The Passion of the Christ. :)
Thank you my man :)
Mikey_

Post by Mikey_ »

You're welcome. And again, welcome :)