Jury duty.....excuses...right or wrong?

Have something to share? Talk about anything here :)

Moderator: Forum Mods

Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Jury duty.....excuses...right or wrong?

Post by Eddy »

hello everyone,

i just had my jurty duty today and i made up a story to get myself out of the panel...i kinda felt guilty afterwards....i think it was unethical and illegal, but anyways.....anyone else done something similar?
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

LOL* Well, I've gone to jury duty twice and both times I went in and sat there all day serving my duty. I honestly don't know how to lie and get out of situations like that, so more power to you. My dad has gone a couple of times as well, but his English is not that great and he has a hard time understanding people sometimes, so they dismissed him. :P

What story did you give them?? Sometimes they will dismiss you once or twice, but after that you will have to serve next time they call you. Be prepared! hehe*
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Eddy
Insane Member
Insane Member

Post by Eddy »

It was a civil case, this tenant slipped in her buildings parking lot because of ice, she's sueing for negligence. so i made up a story about how my grandparent is currently in the same situation and that i am his translator on the case so i won't be a fair jury for this case. i came down and got my jury serviced approval sheet and left, i am dismissed for 6 years before i go back into the polls............i think i will change my license to a different county but mailing address to my parent's home......this way i can tell both counties that i'm living in the other county.

anyways just a thought....cuz i already postponed 5X. but they won't give me a break this time........

so yeah that was my story and i'll be doing it again if i ever get summoned again...... maybe i won't, not sure, depends on how mature i will be.

some people in my group sounded like they really wanted to serve the their duties as a citizen.

I was not gonna let this case get in the way of my summer vacation ^_^
mb_rockstar
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by mb_rockstar »

Good for you! Yea....I guess if I was on vacation or had something going on, I'd probably try to get out of it somehow.

Wow, you postponed 5 times?? That's crazy. My friend postponed twice and now they won't let him make anymore excuses. Maybe he went about lying the wrong way. I don't know... :P
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Mikey_
Life is good. Be inspired.
Life is good. Be inspired.

Post by Mikey_ »

I think I got out of it 3 or so times during my college years, and another time when I was working 80+ hour shifts. I was the lead instructor for a training program and I couldn't leave.

I haven't heard of anything since.

Michael